Depending on what kind of business you run, own, or are a part of, your online efforts can range from just a little something extra you do for marketing efforts to be the thing that makes or breaks your business. Social media offers a chance to engage consumers in ways that previously did not exist, and harnessing the true power of them is something you should try. If you want to up your company’s social media game, keep reading to learn 7 tips to enhance your social media profiles:
1) Don’t sign up for every platform out there: You’ll notice some company websites have every social media widget there is on some pages. That might be too much. Only go for a few to keep things concentrated. Twitter and Facebook are pretty much givens for all companies, but after that, it’s variable. Know what kinds of demographics use various social media platforms and pick the right ones. Facebook is not the first choice of those under 30 in age, so if that’s your target demographic, create a Facebook page to reach everyone, but then focus in on specific platforms where your real profit potential is.
2) Use autoposting to never miss a beat: Use analytics when you can to determine when most of your ‘friends’ or followers are online and going to see your content. Use autoposting to have your things go up in these times so you don’t have to have someone in front of the computer right then. You are likely to find social media use is highest during evenings and weekend, when your office might be closed.
3) Don’t run coupons all the time: It’s okay and even expected that you run an actual ad, coupon, or special once a week or so, but don’t make your social media content stream nonstop commercials. People run ad blockers online for a reason, and if they follow you on social media, they want content and engagement more than they do deals.
4) Answer questions: Many consumers that might have concerns or questions about your products or services are likely to put them on social media since it’s so easy for them to do so. Answer the questions you can. Even if it’s a matter where they need to call your customer service line, just telling them that shows attention and responsiveness. Everyone notices that.
5) Share viral content: Of course you’d love to come up with the smash hit video that gets 5 million shares and spread like wildfire around the Internet, with everyone seeing your business name and domain address at the bottom or end. This is unlikely, but it does not take much creativity to come up with something amazing or funny enough to get share a few thousand times.
6) Earn trust by making lives easier: Depending on what kind of business you run and your products and services are, share content that helps out consumers, even if you get nothing in return immediately. Establish yourself as a trusted and helpful authority in your niche and you’re more likely to gain the business of consumers.
7) Use analytics: Track things like how much your content is shared or how much you are unfollowed after particular pieces of content. You’ll learn patterns of what to do more often and what to avoid.
Your competitors are trying to get business through social media, and your consumers are on social media from once a day to many hours a day. Use any or all of these 7 tips to enhance your social media profiles and expand your business and brand.